Dr. Scott Garrigan
Dr. Scott Garrigan is a former classroom teacher and district technology director who teaches masters and doctoral courses in educational technology, cognition and leadership. Holding a Doctorate in Educational Technology from Lehigh University, he has taught at Wilkes, Lehigh,and DeSales Universities. In 1998, he taught his first online course session from an Internet cafe in Istanbul,Turkey, and finished that course from a hotel room at a San Diego conference. He has taught online courses for international education leaders as well as courses in classroom applications, technology planning, networking, and educational robotics.
As a district technology coordinator, he designed and implemented an innovative one-to-one laptop project for 1,200 faculty and 5,000 middle school students. He helped develop, fund, and expand online language courses in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and Russian taken by over a thousand K-12 students. During his career, Dr. Garrigan has received awards for outstanding teaching, outstanding contributions to the field of Education Technology, and for curriculum projects such as the P.R.I.S.E. Video Series on academic standards. His current academic interests focus on distance learning, open source (low-cost) software and sustainable technology, science simulations, and the cognitive basis for learning and teaching.
Important Dates & Events
Join us on these upcoming dates for an Interactive Webinar to learn about the Instructional Media program. Register now.
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: 5 Ways to Use Infographics to Visualize Information ...More
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: Equipping Teachers to Infuse Technology...More
- Article from THE Journal: A Virtual Ticket to Ride...More
- Discovery Education and Wilkes University Announce First Graduates in Master’s Degree Program in Instructional Media ...More
- Article from School CIO: Top Online Degrees Help Teachers Make More Cents...More
- Article from Tech & Learning: School Yourself...More
- Article from THE Journal: Up Close and Virtual...More
- View All