Matthew Cwalina is a former high school and middle school science teacher. He earned his undergraduate degree in chemistry and education from Alvernia University and his master's degree from Wilkes University in Educational Leadership. Matthew is currently pursuing his doctoral degree in Educational Leadership from Immaculata University. He has participated in multiple professional development sessions revolving around content area literacy and inquiry based learning. He served as the K-12 science lead teacher for the Boyertown Area School District from 2007 until 2009 and is now the Director of Curriculum and Instruction for Science and Technology for the Norristown Area School District. In each of these positions he has extensive experience leading professional development activities in content area literacy, inquiry based learning and technology integration. His educational interests include developing rigorous curriculum materials in science involving inquiry, literacy and problem-based learning.
Important Dates & Events
Join us on these upcoming dates for an Interactive Webinar to learn about the Instructional Media program. Register now.
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: 5 Ways to Use Infographics to Visualize Information ...More
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: Equipping Teachers to Infuse Technology...More
- Article from THE Journal: A Virtual Ticket to Ride...More
- Discovery Education and Wilkes University Announce First Graduates in Master’s Degree Program in Instructional Media ...More
- Article from School CIO: Top Online Degrees Help Teachers Make More Cents...More
- Article from Tech & Learning: School Yourself...More
- Article from THE Journal: Up Close and Virtual...More
- View All