Before retiring after 33 years in education as the Visual Literacy Facilitator for the Niles Township High Schools in Illinois, Joe Brennan served for 12 years as the AV/Media Coordinator at Niles West High School and taught Spanish for more than 20 years before that. Joe first became interested in educational video and multimedia because of his visual approach to teaching and coaching. That interest led to collaborating on the development of an interactive Spanish laser disc program for Encyclopedia Britannica before leaving the classroom for the media position at Niles West. During his years in that job, the audio-visual department changed from a lending/consumption center to a creating/production area. In 2006 his district received ISTE’s national Sylvia Charp Award in part for the multimedia labs under his direction, and in 2009 he received the "pink" jacket, Making IT Happen ISTE award. He was the Illinois Computing Educators' Technology Educator of the Year in 2003 as well as a semifinalist in Technology & Learning magazine's Ed Tech Leader of the Year program. Joe has been recognized by the corporate community as well; he is a STAR Discovery Educator and an Apple Distinguished Educator.
Important Dates & Events
Join us on these upcoming dates for an Interactive Webinar to learn about the Instructional Media program. Register now.
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: 5 Ways to Use Infographics to Visualize Information ...More
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: Equipping Teachers to Infuse Technology...More
- Article from THE Journal: A Virtual Ticket to Ride...More
- Discovery Education and Wilkes University Announce First Graduates in Master’s Degree Program in Instructional Media ...More
- Article from School CIO: Top Online Degrees Help Teachers Make More Cents...More
- Article from Tech & Learning: School Yourself...More
- Article from THE Journal: Up Close and Virtual...More
- View All