EDIM 510: Web 2.0: Impacting Learning Environments
Course Designer: Kathy Schrock
Course Designer Overview:
Students learn the core concepts of Web 2.0 and how it is impacting learning environments. The course focuses on Web 2.0 technologies and how these tools are shaping education by allowing users to publish and interact in new and different ways. Topics include social networking technology and online collaborative tools such as blogs, wikis, etc. Sounds kinda dry, eh? Well, imagine a course that requires you to create your own Personal Learning Network of smart people who can help you answer tech and curriculum questions when you have them. Or one that forces you to join a social network and both give of yourself and take good ideas from others. In addition to those tools and resources, you will have an opportunity to create an online hosted presentation, a podcast, and even collaborate to design a public service announcement using a host of online tools. These are the types of projects you will encounter during this course.
|Name||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring Session I||January 21||March 10|
|Spring Session II||March 11||April 28|
* Not all courses are offered each session. Please view detailed course schedules.
The Tech Troublemakers
One assignment had students watching four short videos all dealing with some aspect of the use of technology in support of teaching and learning. Each class member had an assigned role (teacher, student, parent, administrator, and tech coordinator) and had to watch and respond to the videos through the eyes of their role. The second part of the assignment was to create a public service announcement, again through the eyes of their assigned role.
Julie Boushehry, as an administrator, created this humorous video to help convince classroom teachers of the power of using the new tools to support instruction and engage students!
Important Dates & Events
Join us on these upcoming dates for an Interactive Webinar to learn about the Instructional Media program. Register now.
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: 5 Ways to Use Infographics to Visualize Information ...More
- Article by Course Designer Kathy Schrock: Equipping Teachers to Infuse Technology...More
- Article from THE Journal: A Virtual Ticket to Ride...More
- Discovery Education and Wilkes University Announce First Graduates in Master’s Degree Program in Instructional Media ...More
- Article from School CIO: Top Online Degrees Help Teachers Make More Cents...More
- Article from Tech & Learning: School Yourself...More
- Article from THE Journal: Up Close and Virtual...More
- View All